Location: Barre, VT
Hours: Full Time
Provides professional nursing care to consumers in crisis who would generally receive services in a hospital environment.
This position is 35 hours weekly, based in Barre, on call after hours required. Must have solid clinical skills to apply to adult consumers of widely varied ages and health care needs. Experience with psychiatric populations and residential programs preferred. Scheduling of and consult for part time nurses required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide direct nursing service to clients.
2. Assist in coordinating treatment of the individual in the care of the team through direct contact with the resident and through reading and writing daily notes
3. Coordinate healthcare services with other agency providers, as well as other agencies, through formal and informal contact.
4. Perform assessments.
5. Initiate consults with medical doctors and psychiatric providers
6. Provide or review the nursing component to admissions and discharges, filling of med sticks and counting controlled substances, creating MARs and related medical documentation, training staff for medication administration/ special care procedures and provide nursing delegations when appropriate.
7. Perform Home Intervention Counselor duties when needed or as requested by Director.
8. Generate protocols, care plans and assessments as each resident’s health condition dictates.
9.Provide nursing consultation and guidance to staff and residents related to protocols, interventions, and medications.
10.Delegate medication administration duties to Counselors.
11.Other duties as assigned.
Valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and safe, insured vehicle required. EOE
Minimum of Associates degree in nursing, current Vermont licensure as a registered nurse, at least 1 year experience working with psychiatrically challenged individuals; or the equivalent.
© 2014 Washington County Mental Health Services All Rights Reserved