Behavioral/Social Skills Interventionists (School-Based)
Hours: Full Time
School-based Behavioral/Social Skills Interventionists provide direct supervision to an enrolled child or youth within a school setting, implement behavioral programming, and provide counseling in social, recreational and daily living skills in school and community settings.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide counseling in social and recreational/leisure skills.
- Successfully follow and implement written behavioral programming within educational and community settings.
- Record behavior in an accurate, detailed and timely manner.
- Communicate well with all parties involved with child, both verbally in writing.
- Complete all agency-required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide client transportation in your own vehicle to and from community activities, mental health appointments and school. Staff is responsible to carry adequate insurance coverage.
- Follow all of the behavioral and crisis plans for the identified youth.
- To familiarize, implement and comply with WCMHS policies and procedures.
- Willingness to learn crisis de-escalation and passive restraint techniques.
- Ability to physically restrain children and youth who are a danger to self or others. Able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- To manage the physical safety of client and others.
- Follow supervision directives.
- Perform other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Experience providing direct instruction and therapeutic services to children with challenging behaviors preferred. Possession of a valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle are required. Full time with benefits.
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and execute physical restraints.
Bachelors Degree in human services, education or psychology preferred. If degree requirements are not complete, working toward BA / BS or related field is required.