Community Developmental Services (CDS) provides comprehensive services to children and adults with developmental disabilities, intellectual disability, autism, and/or other pervasive developmental disorders. These positions fall within CDS's Staffed Living supports, which occur in homes and/or apartments in the community that are occupied by one or two persons with varied levels of support. This model is utilized to support people who may have public safety concerns, persons on Act 248, or a person requiring support for specialized needs.
Full-time Residential Support Specialist positions are available with the START program, providing support and rehabilitation services to individuals in the following areas: vocational, community, and residential. Includes weekend and evening hours with asleep overnights.
- Provide support, guidance, and supervision as dictated by the individual’s developed program.
- Provide support, guidance, and supervision in the following areas: household/independent living skills, community activities, vocational activities, personal care, daily management, behavioral management, and safety needs.
- Work as part of a team to develop and implement a treatment program.
- Complete required paperwork as determined by the program.
The preferred candidate will:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as with a team.
- Be enterprising in the development of community resources.
- Be willing and able to support self care needs.
- Be willing and motivated to participate in trainings
- Provide transportation in their personal vehicle
High school diploma or equivalent.