Hours: Full Time
WRAP staff provides support and skill coaching to Washington County Mental Services client in a residential setting. This staff person will also follow the containment plan in place for this client and manage the environment in accordance with this plan.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide 1:3 supervision and support to an individual client in a Washington County Mental Health residence for up to 40 hours per week. This may include evening, overnight, weekends or holidays.
- Participate in agency training with the aim of understanding clinical principles, skills, assumptions and strategies within one year.
- Role model and teach living skills including cooking, housekeeping, laundry, budgeting, shopping and personal hygiene.
- Coach, teach and reinforce skills to assist client in emotion regulation, distress tolerance, and interpersonal effectiveness as needed.
- Assist the client in accessing the community and participating in activities that may improve the quality of life for this client, such as walks, shopping and recreational activities.
- Crisis intervention as needed.
- Perform environmental sweeps of the client’s residence in accordance with written treatment plan.
- Transport client as needed for community outings, medical appointments or community functions.
- Perform other duties as necessary
Previous work with the psychiatric population is desirable.
Must possess a valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and have access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle.
Apply online below, or send resume to: Peronnel@wcmhs.org
B.A. in psychology or related field is preferred.