SUMMARY OF POSITION: Provide therapeutic and case management services to youth with severe emotional and behavioral challenges an integrated mental health treatment facility/educational center, at home, and in the community. Coordinate and participate in treatment teams, work cooperatively with schools and assist youth and their families in accessing and utilizing appropriate supports and services.
Please note: applicantions for this position will be reviewed in June.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide individual and family psychotherapy.
- Develops and facilitates group counseling sessions to build interpersonal skills, increase self-control, learn pre-vocational skills, process personal issues and increase personal responsibility for actions.
- Participate in the development of individual treatment plans that identify required services and interventions needed to assist youth and their families in working toward identified goals.
- Case management of up to 10 youth enrolled in day treatment program.
- Attend and co-facilitates monthly team meetings.
- Coordinate treatment team members in the delivery of the services and interventions identified by the treatment plan.
- Participate in Ch.O.I.C.E. Academy treatment planning, staff, and team meetings.
- Works as an active member of the program team to improve service delivery and program operation.
- Provide consultation to the referring school and their support staff.
- Work cooperatively with other agencies (e.g. schools, Department of Social and Rehabilitative Services, etc.) providing services to youth experiencing severe emotional and behavioral disturbance and their families.
- Communicate well, both verbally and in written form.
- Complete all required paperwork within the required time lines, including client notes and treatment plans.
- Work consistently within the mission of the program.
- Perform de-escalation and physical intervention techniques with youth with training as needed.
- Provides clinical consultation and training to Academy staff.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Academy Coordinator as needed
- Complete comprehensive initial 8 week assessment and 12 week follow-up to assessment
Master’s degree in human service field required. Prefer clinical or license track as a psychologist, social worker, or clinical mental health counselor. Must have a valid driver’s license, possess an excellent driving record and have access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle.