SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Residential Treatment Programs are intensive treatment-based programs designed to work with youth with challenging behaviors. Under the direction of the Treatment Home Supervisor, provide individualized support services to assigned youth who have significant social, behavioral and emotional needs. This position is responsible for working 1 on 1 with a youth implementing behavioral programming and providing supportive counseling in home, school and community settings.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide 1:1 services in the home, school and community to identified client.
- Provide direct supervision, supportive counseling, social skill building and daily living skills.
- Provide client transportation in your own vehicle to and from community activities, mental health appointments and school. Staff is responsible to carry adequate insurance coverage.
- Communicate well with school personnel, treatment providers, WCMHS staff and family.
- Maintain ongoing data collection, i.e. daily logs, medication entry, point sheets.
- Provide monthly progress summaries to Treatment Home Supervisor as required.
- Complete all paperwork accurately and with the identified timeframe.
- Attend treatment team meetings, staff meetings and mental health trainings as required.
- Problem solve and manage crisis. Defer complex issues to Treatment Home Supervisor.
- Manage the physical safety of client and others.
- Advocate for the client.
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Implement behavior plans and procedures designed to address identified goals and objectives.
- To provide at least 15 to 25 positive interactions with the youth daily.
- Follow all of the behavioral and crisis plans for the identified youth.
- To familiarize, implement and comply with WCMHS policies and procedures.
- To manage the physical safety of client and others.
- Willingness to learn crisis de-escalation and passive restraint techniques.
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Follow supervision directives.
- Perform other duties / responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience providing direct instruction and therapeutic services to children with challenging behaviors preferred. Willingness to work flexible hours, possession of a valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle are required.
Full time with benefits.