Description: Provide direct supervision and support to a 22 year old individual with communication, sensory, mobility and personal care needs. Implement behavioral programming and provide social, recreational and daily living skills in his community and home setting.
The ideal candidates will possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Experience with or knowledge of Augmentative & Alternative Communication helpful.
Part-time / approximately 20 hours / week Mon-Fri.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster community/recreational/leisure integration & skill acquisition.
- To work both independently, as well as part of various teams.
- Successfully follow and implement written behavioral programming within community / home settings.
- Record behavior in an accurate, detailed and timely manner.
- Communicate well with all parties involved on team, both verbally / in writing.
- Complete all agency-required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide client transportation in your own vehicle to and from community activities, appointments and home. Staff is responsible to carry adequate insurance coverage.
- Follow all of the behavioral and crisis plans for the identified.
- To familiarize, implement and comply with WCMHS policies and procedures.
- Willingness to learn crisis de-escalation and obtain NAPPI certification.
- To deliver and supervise self-administration of medications by agency guidelines.
- Follow supervision directives.
- Perform other duties / responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications: Experience with autism and behavioral support needs preferred. Possession of valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and the use of a safe, reliable vehicle. High school diploma or equivalent required.