SUMMARY OF POSITION:Responsible for providing supportive counseling as well as rehabilitative and social work services to persons with severe and persistent mental illness . They are also responsible for coordinating these services with auxiliary programs, psychiatrists, other agencies, and the community.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing support services to clients which will include but is not limited to: outreach visits, supportive counseling, crisis interventions, assistance with independent living skills and transportation of clients in personal vehicle when clinically indicated.
- Empowering clients to be more responsible for their own lives by collaborating with them in developing their individual plan of care, teaching them the skills they need to live in the community and other psychoeducation as indicated.
- Monitoring clients’ progress and response to medications to provide the agency psychiatrist with information useful in administering effective chemotherapy.
- Collaborating and consulting with other clinicians, physicians, hospitals, other caregivers, and families as clinically indicated.
- Providing on-going assessments and treatment planning including coordination of treatment team meetings as needed.
- Advocating for clients when they are not capable of doing this for themselves.
- Attending required meetings and trainings, including individual and/or group supervision and other agency committee work.
- Providing your team leader with the information necessary for them to ensure the efficient delivery of services for their team.
- Completing all required paper work on time.
- Providing individual and group psychotherapy.
- Fulfilling other duties appropriate to your position as assigned.
Master’s Degree in related field, or a Bachelor’s Degree in related field with a minimum of 1 year of experience. Supervision toward mental health licensure provided. Valid driver’s license and safe, insured vehicle required.
Full time with benefits. EOE