SUMMARY OF POSITION: Provide direct supervision to youth within an integrated mental health treatment facility / educational center. Implement behavioral programming and milieu counseling in social, emotional and recreation/leisure skills and activities of daily living in classroom, day treatment and community settings. Provide individual and group supervision as needed.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide milieu counseling in social, emotional regulation and recreational/leisure skills.
- Successfully follow and implement written behavioral programming within classroom, day treatment and community settings.
- Facilitate small group activities.
- Support academic instruction and other learning activities within and outside the school setting, as directed by Ch.O.I.C.E. Academy Director.
- Develop positive and therapeutic working relationships with youth, families, and staff.
- Assess and record behavior in an accurate, detailed and timely manner.
- Communicate well with all parties involved with child, both verbally and in writing.
- Accept and respond to administrative and clinical supervision.
- Complete all agency required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Follow and implement all agency policies and procedures.
- Willing to learn crisis deescalation and passive restraint techniques.
- Must possess the capability to complete Handle With Care training to the satisfaction of a Handle With Care instructor
- Ability to physically restrain youth who are a danger to self or others.
- Work consistently within the mission of the program. Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Education / Experience: Bachelors Degree required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact well with parents, school staff, WCMHS staff, and other professionals.
- Valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle is required.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.