SUMMARY OF POSITION: This position a 37.5 day time (Sunday-Wednesday). Community Living Coaches use an assertive outreach approach based on the recovery model in the environment in which the client needs to succeed. The Coaches strives to empower clients through wellness, problem solving, decision making, community based skill teaching, and making informed choices.
Specific Duties and Requirements:
- Work with the interdisciplinary team and the client in developing and implementing their individual goals.
- Ensure quality of services through documentation, records keeping, program development, supervision, professional development, meetings, evaluation, and team work. Extensive use of computer for electronic record keeping.
- Evaluate progress of interventions for use for specified caseloads.
- Develop and maintain respectful trusting relationships with clients.
- Provide Service Coordination to clients transitioning out of traditional case management.
- Communicate about client issues, activities, concerns, progress and service needs with team, supervisors, agency staff and other providers as indicated.
- Extensive use of personal vehicle.
- Perform all duties in accordance with established ethical standards and WCMHS polices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as, acting case manager or providing emergency assistance when needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in the field of Rehabilitation, Education, or Human Services preferred or equivalent experience
Experience: One year of experience working in the field of human services.
Abilities: To quickly grasp situations, make decisions, and follow through with minimal supervision. To serve the client’s interests, recognizing a client’s unlimited potential. To work as a team player in a large agency. To act in a professional manner as a representative of WCMHS.
Other requirements of the job: Ability to carry 30 lbs, climb stairs, and engage in wellness activities that includes walking and possible use of exercise equipment.