Description: A benefited position which provides 30 hours per week of support services to an individual with communication and sensory needs. Supports include social, recreational, communicative and independent living skills which are to be offered in a community support.
- To help promote an active lifestyle and healthy choice-making, by way of assisting individual in building and implementing a well-balance daily schedule.
- To support individual in attending and engaging in self-advocacy initiatives.
- To foster community integration.
- To support individual with communication needs, and to learn appropriate methods to do so.
- To work both independently, as well as part of various teams.
- To record detailed information and complete all agency-required paperwork to be submitted in a timely manner.
- Provide client transportation in your own vehicle to and from community activities, appointments and home. Staff is required to carry adequate insurance coverage.
- Follow all of the behavioral and crisis plans for the identified. Willingness to learn crisis de-escalation and obtain NAPPI certification.
- To familiarize, implement and comply with WCMHS policies and procedures.
- Follow supervision directives.
Qualifications: Experience working with individuals with Autism preferred. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrate flexibility, and be willing to work with individuals with a variety of support needs. Valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and a safe, insured vehicle required. H.S. diploma or equivalent.