SUMMARY OF POSITION: A benefited position which provides 37.5 hours per week to an individual with communication, sensory, mobility and personal care needs. To be offered in a community setting, the right candidate will be working to engage and encourage self-empowered individual as they pursue creative endeavors, connect with the community and friends, and advocate for self as well as others with Autism.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, patience, enthusiasm, commitment and most importantly empathy and respect towards all people.
- To help promote an active lifestyle and healthy choice-making, by way of assisting individual in building and implementing a well-balanced schedule.
- To assist individual in attending community activities/classes and encourage them to stay engaged while present.
- To support individual during self-advocacy initiatives including meetings, workshops, art shows, conferences and more.
- To foster community integration.
- To support individual with communication needs, and to learn appropriate methods to do so.
- To encourage individual in improving independent living skills.
- To work both independently, as well as part of various teams.
- To record detailed information and complete all agency-required paperwork to be submitted in a timely manner.
- Provide client transportation in your own vehicle to and from community activities, appointments and home. Staff is required to carry adequate insurance coverage.
- Follow all of the behavioral and crisis plans for the identified. Willingness to learn crisis de-escalation and obtain NAPPI certification.
- To familiarize, implement and comply with WCMHS policies and procedures.
- Follow supervision directives.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience working with individuals with Autism preferred. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrate flexibility, and be willing to work with individuals with a variety of support needs. Valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and a safe, insured vehicle required. H.S. diploma or equivalent.