Description: A position which provides 25 hour per week of services to an individual with goals to access the community, develop life skills/social skills, and community support.
The ability and desire to be active is a must. The support staff must be willing to go to First in Fitness for swimming. The ideal candidate will have a sense of humor, love of music, flexible thinking, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- To help promote an active lifestyle and healthy choice-making by way of assisting individual in building and implementing a well-balanced schedule
- To foster community integration
- To support individual with communication needs and learn appropriate methods to do so
- To work independently as well as with various teams
- To record detailed information and complete all agency required paperwork in a timely manner
- Provide client transportation in your own vehicle to and from community activities, appointments, and home.
- Follow all the behavioral and crisis plans that may be in place
- Willingness to learn crisis de-escalation and to attend applicable trainings
- To familiarize, implement, and comply with WCMHS policies and procedures
- Follow supervision directives
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Experience working with individuals with Autism preferred. A valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and a safe, insured vehicle are required. High school diploma or equivalent needed. Some college preferred.