Description: A part time, regular 25 hour/week position supporting a young woman on the autism spectrum. Job responsibilities include providing support with community access, implementing behavioral programming and providing communication support
- Successfully follow and implement written behavioral programming in both community and residential settings.
- Support communication with Facilitated Communication (training provided)
- Develop positive and therapeutic working relationships with consumers, families, and staff.
- Deliver and supervise self-administration of medications by agency guidelines.
- Help promote an active lifestyle and healthy choice making.
- Support individual in improving daily living skills and independent living skills.
- Assist individual in community activities, community integration and self-advocacy activities.
- Assist individual with making and keeping appointments.
- Support individual in performing job related tasks.
- Work as part of various teams.
- Work independently as well as a a productive member of a team.
- Record information and data on a timely and detailed manner.
- Assist and support individuals with a range of challenges including behavioral, psychiatric, mobility issues, and personal care needs.
- Accept and respond to administrative and clinical supervision.
- Work consistently within the mission of the program. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelors degree in Human Services, Education, or Psychology preferred. The successful candidate will also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrate flexibility, and be willing to work with individuals with a variety of support needs. Must have the ability to support unique communication needs and implement positive behavioral supports both in community and residential settings. Facilitated Communication Training provided. Valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and a safe, insured vehicle required. H.S. diploma or equivalent required.