Description: Seeking a motivated individual to provide one-on-one community supports M-F to two ladies living in the Barre/Montpelier area for a total of 30 hours a week. Half of the time would be spent supporting one individual who loves shopping, crocheting, volunteering at the Foodbank, and learning new things. The other individual plans her schedule to include classes at the Learning Network at CDS and meetings of the FHF advocacy group. She likes to go swimming, grocery shopping, and taking her dog to the dog park. Supports for both individuals include community integration and transportation to activities. The ideal candidate will be flexible and open-minded. Experience with or knowledge of developmental disabilities helpful.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to:
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Record data and submit paperwork in a timely manner.
- Participate in trainings.
- Follow and implement individual support plans and guidelines.
- Follow and implement agency policies and procedures.
Qualifications: Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Some college or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Willingness to use personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a safe, reliable, and insured vehicle are required. EOE.