Description: A position which provides 20 hour per week of support services to a 19-year-old man. This time will be spent engaging and encouraging him to participate in community activities, transporting him to various medical appointments, and gaining pre-employment skills. He requires support medically, as he has frequent seizures.
Willingness to learn proper seizure protocol and the ability to utilize those strategies effectively when a seizure occurs is a must. An interest in cars/racing is helpful. The ideal candidate will have a sense of humor, flexibility, possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, good boundaries, patience, and empathy and respect towards all people.
- To follow proper seizure protocol to ensure client safety
- To help promote an active lifestyle and healthy choice-making by way of assisting individual in building and implementing a well-balanced schedule
- To foster community integration
- To support individual with communication needs and learn appropriate methods to do so
- To work independently as well as with various teams
- To record detailed information and complete all agency required paperwork in a timely manner
- Provide client transportation in your own vehicle to and from community activities, appointments, and home. Staff is required to carry adequate insurance coverage
- Follow all of the behavioral and crisis plans that may be in place
- Willingness to learn crisis de-escalation and obtain NAPPI certification
- To familiarize, implement, and comply with WCMHS policies and procedures
- Follow supervision directives
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Experience working with individuals with seizures preferred. A valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and a safe, insured vehicle are required. High school diploma or equivalent needed. Some college preferred.