UPDATE: Hours have been increased to 30 hours per week (Full-time)
Summary of Position: A position which provides 30 hours per week of support services within a community setting to one individual. The candidate will provide supports which include recreational activity engagement, alternative communication training and use, routine physical fitness, encouragement toward social interaction and personal care assistance. The ideal candidate will have a sense of humor, flexibility, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, patience, and empathy and respect towards all people.
- To help promote an active lifestyle and healthy choice-making, by way of assisting individual in building and implementing a well-balanced daily schedule.
- To support individual in attending and engaging in self-advocacy initiatives.
- To foster community integration.
- To support individual with communication needs, and to learn appropriate methods to do so.
- To work both independently, as well as part of various teams.
- To record detailed information and complete all agency-required paperwork to be submitted in a timely manner.
- Provide client transportation in your own vehicle to and from community activities, appointments and home. Staff is required to carry adequate insurance coverage.
- Follow all of the behavioral and crisis plans for the identified. Willingness to learn crisis de-escalation and obtain NAPPI certification.
- To familiarize, implement and comply with WCMHS policies and procedures.
- Follow supervision directives.
Qualifications: Experience working with individuals with Autism preferred. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrate flexibility, and be willing to work with individuals with a variety of support needs. Valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and a safe, insured vehicle required. H.S. diploma or equivalent.