SUMMARY OF POSITION: CYFS Behavior Interventionist (BI) positions work under the direction of a Case Manager or Program Supervisor and provide individualized support services to assigned youth(s) who have significant social, behavioral and emotional needs. The work setting could be in a public school, our integrated mental health treatment facility / educational center, in one of our Residential Homes or in the greater community, depending on placement. Hiring decisions for program placement will be prioritized based on current staffing needs as determined by CYFS management.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Successfully follow and implement written behavioral programming within various settings.
- Assess and record behavior in an accurate, detailed and timely manner.
- Implement behavior plans and procedures designed to address identified goals and objectives.
- To provide at least 15 to 25 positive interactions with the youth daily.
- Communicate well with all parties involved with child, both verbally and in writing.
- Complete all agency-required paperwork accurately and within the identified timeframe.
- Provide client transportation in your own vehicle to and from community activities, mental health appointments and school. Staff is responsible to carry adequate insurance coverage.
- Follow all the behavioral and crisis plans for the identified youth.
- Develop a positive and therapeutic working relationship with identified youth, families, and staff.
- To familiarize, implement and comply with all WCMHS policies and procedures.
- Ability to problem solve and manage crisis in the moment. Defer complex issues to Supervisor.
- Willingness to learn crisis de-escalation and passive restraint techniques.
- Successful completion of the Handle with Care training is required.
- Able to employ approved physical interventions to children and youth who are posing danger to themselves or others. Able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Flexibility to accommodate work schedule that may include a combination of day, night, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Perform other duties / responsibilities as assigned.
- Be flexible to work shifts as scheduled in the other CYFS program as staffing needs are determined.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience providing direct instruction and therapeutic services to children with challenging behaviors preferred. Willingness to work flexible hours, possession of a valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle are required.
Full time with benefits.