SUMMARY OF POSITION: Provide direct supervision to enrolled child or youth within a school setting. Implement behavioral programming and provide counseling in social, recreational and daily living skills in school and community settings.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide counseling in social and recreational/leisure skills.
- Successfully follow and implement written behavioral programming within educational and community settings.
- Record behavior in an accurate, detailed and timely manner.
- Communicate well with all parties involved with child, both verbally in writing.
- Complete all agency-required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide client transportation in your own vehicle to and from community activities, mental health appointments and school. Staff is responsible to carry adequate insurance coverage.
- Follow all of the behavioral and crisis plans for the identified youth.
- To familiarize, implement and comply with WCMHS policies and procedures.
- Willingness to learn crisis de-escalation and passive restraint techniques.
- Ability to physically restrain children and youth who are a danger to self or others. Able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- To manage the physical safety of client and others. Must possess the capability to complete Handle With Care training to the satisfaction of a Handle With Care instructor
- Follow supervision directives.
- Perform other duties / responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in human services, education or psychology required.
Experience providing direct instruction and therapeutic services to children with challenging behaviors preferred. Possession of a valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle are required. Full time with benefits.
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and execute physical restraints.