SUMMARY OF POSITION: Home Intervention is a hospital diversion crisis bed program based in a residential setting in Barre, VT. Position is to provide professional supervision and care to consumers in mental health crisis who would generally receive services in a hospital environment. Provide professional supervision and oversight of Home Intervention Counselors. The Home Intervention Associate Director shares administrative and clinical responsibility of Home Intervention and reports and to the Director of Home Intervention. This position will require an individual who is flexible with their schedule to meet program needs.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be available for consult, leadership and supervision of evening staff.
- Perform Annual Performance Assessments with evening staff.
- Assist Director with general program development and administration and promote best practices
- Encourage positive growth and movement towards the program mission while interacting with staff, clients and partners.
- Promote best practices as indicated by the needs of the clients and the program.
- Review and approve Discharge Summaries written by the HICs
- Maintain regular communication with other clinical programs both internal and external to the agency.
- Assist Director in facilitating admissions to the program.
- Oversee staff performance of admissions in the evening and be available to provide consult as needed.
- Maintain direct communication with Director regarding clients, staff, or program Issues.
- Conduct staff meeting trainings as assigned by the Director.
- Daily monitor and review of all HICs progress notes and billing entries on Essentia to ensure documentation is correct.
- Perform duties as described for the Home Intervention Counselor as needed.
- Share consult on-call coverage with the Director and provide primary on-call for consult coverage in the Director’s absence, i.e. while Director is on Vacation
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Director
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services required with at least 2-3 years of clinical experience working with psychiatrically challenged individuals. Supervision and administrative experience required. Seeking energetic, flexible candidate with excellent communication and collaboration skills!