Summary of Position: Responsible for completing related tasks which provide for a safe and therapeutic environment for staff and consumers. Provide leadership for staff and act as a liaison to provide direct communication to Director and Associate Director. Provide back-up direct care to consumers in crisis when direct care staffing is low. Provide program leadership in conjunction with the Associate Director when the Director is not on-site. This position is Wednesday-Saturday nights.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the condition and behavior of consumers.
- Facilitate and support the decision making process regarding referrals for admission to the program in the absence of the Director and Associate Director.
- Provide a high level of training to new Home Intervention staff.
- Positively and productively encourage and facilitate team communication and team problem solving.
- Role model professional and appropriate behavior to staff and clients at all times.
- Advocate for and promote the program mission, positive growth and necessary change to direct service staff.
- Facilitate communication between shifts and rotations in conjunction with the Daytime Team Leader.
- Oversee completion of house chores and overall building security and report problems to Director/Associate Director as needed
- Attend staff meetings and relay report and crucial information to absent staff
- Oversee client care and advocate for HI Rules & Guidelines when needed
- Perform and delegate administrative duties as assigned by Director or Associate Director.
- Meet regularly with Director and/or Associate Director to navigate interpersonal, clinical and/or workplace concerns.
- Accept first call in when program is in need of staffing.
- Support staff with clinical documents as needed before documents are submitted for official review (treatment plans, behavioral plans, discharge summaries)
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree curriculum plus 0-2 years relevant experience preferred; or 2 years of college plus 2-4 years experience; high school plus 4-7 years experience; or the equivalent. Must have a valid drivers license, clean driving record, and have access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle.