SUMMARY OF POSITION: Provide consultation to assigned school and program clients in School Based Services methods based upon the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. Provide case management to program clients and their families. Develops and/or delivers ongoing community based assessment, treatment, and supports for children and youth experiencing a severe emotional disturbance and their families.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop Individualized service plans (ISPs) for 10 program clients and their families who are identified in collaboration with the School’s Educational Support Team (EST).
- Deliver services as outlined in the ISP
- Monitor, evaluate and revise client/ family ISPs.
- Work within assigned school to implement all tiers of PBiS
- Serve as a member of the school’s EST
- Provide supports to students referred to the EST but not formally referred for an ISP
- Observe and support school rules to/for all students within the time constraints of the other duties described herein
- Provide coaching to school personnel regarding incidents involving implementation of PBiS implementation and the application of school rules as appropriate
- Model and support the School’s efforts to improve school climate and implement PBiS principles and procedures
- Attend and conduct PBiS training and meetings as negotiated with school leadership
- Collect, collate and report PBiS and WCMHS data as assigned by WCMHS
- Work cooperatively with other agencies, (i.e., Department of Social Welfare, Department of Social and Rehabilitative Services) providing services to families
- Complete all required WCMHS paperwork within required time lines
- Follow guidelines established by WCMHS for professional conduct, and confidentiality
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
Experience working with children and youth who present serious emotional and behavioral challenges is required. Experience working in school settings is desirable. A master’s degree is required. A minimum of three years field experience is preferred. Licensed Mental Health Counselor or LICSW required.
Possession of a valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle are required. Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and execute physical restraints.