Are you interested in joining a dynamic and dedicated team of counselors who make a significant difference in the lives of those in need? If the answer is yes, then we have a wonderful opportunity at Home Intervention! We currently are hiring for hourly staff to work per diem/as needed hours at our program. This position is perfect for someone who is looking to gain extra hours without the commitment of a full-time position and/or gain experience in the field of Mental Health. We offer a competitive starting salary and a generous benefits package.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Provide direct care to consumers in crisis at a community based facility in Barre, VT. Responsible for doing related tasks which provide for a safe environment.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the condition and behavior of consumers.
- Work together with a team to design and implement problem-solving strategies to address difficult and potentially lethal consumer behaviors.
- Utilize a positive recovery model, provide supportive counseling and support the consumer in increasing/enhancing their problem solving strategies and coping skills.
- Participate in treatment planning; assist in writing treatment plans based on input from the team and consumer.
- Work with client to create customized Behavioral Support Plans tailored to each individuals needs.
- Write Discharge Summaries after client has left the program.
- Coordinate and assist consumers with attendance at appointments, programs, or activities.
- Consult with consumer’s out-patient treatment team to provide continuity of care and attention to specific goals, discuss expected outcomes and assess for readiness for discharge.
- Accurately observe, monitor, and document consumer behavior.
- Make referral to and assist consumers in interactions with appropriate community resources and agencies as determined by the consumer and team.
- Quickly and accurately assess danger and risk posed by consumer to self or others, and intervene to control dangerous behavior using NAPPI skills and implementing suicide precaution levels.
- Assist consumer with medications and monitor for effects.
- Assist and encourage consumers in meeting basic daily needs (rest, nutrition, bathing, grooming) as well as monitor the physical well-being of the consumer by taking vital signs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree curriculum plus 0-2 years relevant experience preferred; or 2 years of college plus 2-4 years experience; high school plus 4-7 years experience; or the equivalent. Must have a valid drivers license, clean driving record, and have access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle.