SUMMARY OF POSITION: Reentry House staff provides support and skill coaching to Washington County Mental Health Services clients reentering the community through the Department of Corrections in a residential setting. This staff person will also follow the containment plan in place for house clients and manage the environment in accordance with this plan.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide 1:3 supervision and support to clients in the Washington County Mental Health CSIP Reentry House residence. This may include evenings, overnights, weekends or holidays.
- Participate in agency training with the aim of understanding clinical principles, skills assumptions and strategies within one year.
- Role model and teach living skills including cooking, housekeeping, laundry, budgeting, shopping and personal hygiene.
- Coach, teach and reinforce skills to assist clients in emotion regulation, distress tolerance, and interpersonal effectiveness as needed.
- Assist the clients in accessing the community and participating in activities that may improve the quality of life for this client, such as walks, shopping and recreational activities.
- Crisis intervention as needed.
- Perform environmental sweeps of the client’s residence in accordance with written treatment plan.
- Transport clients as needed for community outings, medical appointments or community functions.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Education: B.A in psychology or related field is preferred.
Experience: Previous work with the psychiatric or criminal justice population is desirable.
Additional: Valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and safe, insured vehicle required.