SUMMARY OF POSITION: An hourly Residential Counselor is responsible for the emotional and physical safety of the residents in the house during their shift.
Specific Duties and Requirements:
- Role model and teach living skills as necessary, including, but not limited to, cooking, housekeeping, and personal hygiene.
- Assist residents with medication administration.
- Crisis intervention as needed.
- Provide house coverage may include days, nights, weekends, and overnights.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: B.A. in psychology or related field required.
Experience: Previous work with the psychiatric population is desirable.
Additional: Valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and safe, insured vehicle required.