SUMMARY OF POSITION: This position is the primary point of contact for benefits; supports employees in the process of signing on or terminating employment with the agency; benefit communication, enrollment, and management; manages leaves of absence and worker’s compensation; support in the area of payroll processing; as well as the reconciliation and preparation of a variety of reports.
- Communicates benefit information to employees and provide answers to employees on their questions related to benefits.
- Assist employees with enrollment in benefits throughout the year as well as during the open enrollment period.
- Manages leaves of absence and worker’s compensation claims. To include:
- Meeting with employees and providing education and support on FMLA, short- and long-term disability, and worker’s compensation.
- Assisting employees with filling claims and acting as a liaison between the employee and the insurance company.
- Processing all applicable paperwork and reporting to ensure compliance with Family/Medical Leave Act (FMLA), workers’ compensation, short- and long-term disability, and other applicable policies.
- Monthly review of health insurance bills and preparation of payment where applicable.
- Provide oversight and support with the review of all information needed for payroll and preparation/processing of biweekly payroll as needed. This includes being cross trained as back up for all payroll functions.
- Acts as a resource to all staff regarding any payroll-related changes in policies, payroll schedule, etc.
- Responsible for maintenance of all staff information both computerized and manually.
- Maintains records and, prepares reports, and provides information as requested by program directors.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Understands, coaches, and trains managers and employees in WCMHS policies, principles, goals, safety guidelines and laws that impact WCMHS such as EEOC, worker’s compensation, FSLA, OSHA/VOSHA, OWBPA, ADA, ADEA, FMLA and other applicable state, local and federal regulations.
- Promotes diversity, and other company initiatives that foster the continual engagement of employees in WCMHS.
- Serve on Agency committees as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of paperwork in a timely manner and good attendance is mandatory.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other members of the department; employees and managers; as well as outside contacts.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, or comparable combination of education, experience, and SHRM-CP/SCP or S/PHR certification.
Experience: Requires 2-3 years of related work experience. Must be highly organized, accurate, detail oriented, and have an ability to follow through on time-sensitive projects. Excellent follow-through skills and ability to work independently on highly detailed projects. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required. Experience with ADP Workforce Now a plus. Valid driver’s license, acceptable three-year motor vehicle record and access to a safe, insured vehicle required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work is constantly sedentary with keyboarding and computer work required on a constant basis (67 – 100% of shift).
- May require occasional driving to other agency locations.