Job Description: An hourly position providing support, basic needs, and information to individuals who are in an intoxicated state, but safe to stay within a voluntary shelter bed program for up to 24 hours. The staff person will follow program safety protocol and manage the environment in accordance with those protocols. Position will involve awake overnight coverage.
- Provide 1:1 monitoring and support to program participants of a Sobriety Support shelter bed program.
- Supporting participants with basic needs.
- Completing documentation during a 24-hour admission period, to include admission to program, during stay, and follow-up action upon discharge.
- Offering information on connections to recovery community, including Turning Point Recovery Center.
- Offering information and referral for clinical assessment and follow-up with Central Vermont Substance Abuse Services case manager, if needed.
- Participate in required training program, to include Basic Recovery Supports, universal precautions; program protocols; signs of need for emergency assistance, and other identified trainings as arranged by the Program Coordinator.
Qualifications: This position is preferably filled by a person in recovery, familiar with peer support, who demonstrates good judgment, with encouraging, non-judgmental attitude. A flexible schedule is an asset. A willingness to use own vehicle will be required, as well as the necessity to own a valid driver’s license, and have access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle.