SUMMARY OF POSITION: Providing one on one direct support and supervision to an identified child or youth within an educational setting. Implement Behavior Support Plan with a goal to reduce maladaptive behaviors and increase prosocial behaviors utilizing interventions developed through Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). The Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) online training module must be completed within 5 months of date of hire as a Registered Behavior Technician in Training. This includes 40 hours of training provided by WCMHS through the Institute of Behavioral Training (IBT).
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The RBTIT will, under the direct supervision of a BCBA and Case Manager;
- Provide counseling in social and recreational/leisure skills.
- Successfully follow and implement written behavioral programming within educational and community settings.
- Record behavior in an accurate, detailed and timely manner.
- Communicate well with all parties involved with child, both verbally in writing.
- Complete all agency-required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide client transportation in your own vehicle to and from community activities, mental health appointments and school. Staff is responsible to carry adequate insurance coverage.
- Follow all of the behavioral and crisis plans for the identified youth.
- To familiarize, implement and comply with WCMHS policies and procedures.
- Willingness to learn crisis deescalation and passive restraint techniques.
- To manage the physical safety of client and others. Must possess the capability to complete Handle With Care training to the satisfaction of a Handle With Care instructor
- Follow supervision directives.
- Perform other duties / responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Training:
High School Diploma. Required to be working toward certification for Registered Behavior Technician (see Registered Behavior Technician in Training agreement)
Experience providing direct instruction and therapeutic services to children with challenging behaviors preferred. Possession of a valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle are required. Full time with benefits.
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and execute physical restraints.