DESCRIPTION: Provide direct supervision and support to an individual with Developmental Disabilities in a residential setting living in the Barre area. Support provided at the home and in the community includes implementing behavioral programming while promoting independence and daily living skills.
30 hours/week with benefits. Evenings and weekends are required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide structure and support to lead an active and healthy lifestyle
- Successfully follow and implement written behavioral programming within the home
- Ability to work as a team member and independently
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing with all parties involved (guardian, case manager, other support providers, etc.).
- Complete all agency-required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Follow and implement all agency policies and procedures.
- Willing to learn crisis de-escalation
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Provide transportation in personal vehicle
Education: Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Must possess a valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and have access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle.
Experience providing direct instruction and therapeutic services to adults with challenging behaviors preferred.