DESCRIPTION: Support at a group home in Barre providing support for residents with developmental and medical concerns. This position includes personal care of individuals, household maintenance, and other activities that contribute to a team approach. This position works Sunday thru Thursday 3p-11p.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently, as well as a team member.
- Respond to emergency medical situations
- Medication administration as needed to residents
- Repositioning residents every 2 hours
- Supporting residents with toileting routines to include tracking urinary and bowel outputs.
- Supporting residents with personal care routines to include oral hygiene, bathing, dressing, personal grooming, etc.
- Facilitate Range Of Movement exercises with residents
- Perform a “2 Person Standing Pivot”
- Use of Hoyer Lift
- Household Maintenance Tasks: (require bending, standing, reaching, push/pull capabilities).
- Meal preparation
- Restocking supplies for universal precautions and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Restocking supplies for bedrooms, bathrooms and laundry room
- Clean appliances (i.e. refrigerator, oven, freezers)
- Wash counters, cupboards and pantry
- Sweep and Mop all non-carpeted floors
- Load/Unload dishwasher
- Empty trash and recycling, wash waste buckets
- Ensure all pathways are clear of slip/trip/fall hazards
- Wash/Dry/Fold/ Carry and put away laundry
- Requires lifting and carrying of wet laundry to be washed
- Requires reaching, bending, to switch loads, lifting and carrying on stairs from basement level to first floor
- Ability to walk between rooms and areas of the home.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while performing tasks
- Cleaning of equipment in the home to include: (requires bending, reaching, wiping, scrubbing) Hoyer Lift and wheelchairs.
- Transport residents to medical appointments or within the community in agency van.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent required. Experience preferred; LNA a plus. Must have a valid driver’s license, possess an excellent driving record, and have access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle.