SUMMARY OF POSITION: Seeking a motivated individual to act as a floater to assist consumers in the Barre area with support needs. The Floater will fill in, as needed, when regular support staff are not available. Work week will be a combination of 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts. Responsibilities vary and include providing support for social, recreational, self/personal care, communication, and behavioral needs both in a residential setting and in the community. This is a 40 hour/week position with benefits.
SKILLS: The successful candidate will possess the ability to:
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Transport consumers using personal vehicle.
- Record data in a timely manner.
- Participate in trainings.
- Follow and implement individual support plans and guidelines.
- Follow and implement agency policies and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Some college or Bachelors degree preferred. Willingness to use personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a safe, reliable, and insured vehicle are required.