SUMMARY OF POSITION:
To provide a level of supervision for severe emotional/behavioral challenged youth. To provide supervision in the assigned home during selected day shifts as well as selected over night shifts. To be available during nighttime hours for supportive counseling and for implementation of crisis plan as needed. To participate in the treatment process, and utilize that knowledge to intervene during potentially high-risk situations. Extensive transportation to fulfill transition / treatment plan goals.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide supervision to assigned the youth within the home. Provide support to the other interventionists in the home. Identify potential risk situations and accordingly deescalate the youth.
- Teach appropriate responses to the youth by implementing assigned behavior plan.
- Participate in the treatment process and be familiar with the youth and the youths’ behaviors.
- To provide multiple positive interactions with assigned youth.
- To complete timesheets, required trainings and assigned paperwork in a timely manner as well as completion of medication entries, log entries and point sheets every shift.
- Maintain a teamwork approach with all other staff and consultants in providing services to the youth.
- To follow and implement the youths’ individualized behavior / crisis plans.
- To provide and accept feedback to and from co-workers, consultants and supervisors.
- To familiarize, implement and comply with WCMHS policies and procedures.
- To manage the physical safety of consumers and others.
- Willingness to learn and employ crisis de-escalation and passive restraint techniques.
- Ability to successfully execute Handle with Care techniques to children and youth who are a danger to self or others.
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds. appropriate vehicle insurance coverage.
- To follow supervision directives.
- To provide transportation for the youth in your own vehicle as assigned. To ensure
- Perform other duties / responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in human services preferred.
Experience providing direct instruction and therapeutic services to children with challenging behaviors preferred. Willingness to work flexible hours required. Possession of a valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle are required. Full time with benefits.
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and execute physical restraints.