SUMMARY OF POSITION: This hourly position is a direct service position that provides peer support to Community Support Program clients during their stay in a respite bed. The Peer Support person is responsible for the supporting of guests as well as follow through on daily program responsibilities and paperwork. This position involves working independently with the guest with support from an on-call supervisor.
Specific Duties and Requirements:
- To ensure safety and security of the guest by utilizing a set of Maple House and WCMH protocols.
- To have the capacity to be available and present for guests to ensure a safe and trusting relationship.
- Able to ascertain needs of the guest, initiate action as required by use of skilled practices when appropriate.
- Must be able to be available when scheduled and for all team meetings.
- Ability to follow through on paperwork and daily house responsibility requirements which include: cleaning, household chores, lifting 20 pounds.
QUALIFICATIONS: Access to reliable transportation and phone. High School diploma requirement, basic computer skills and mental health experience. Lived experience with mental health issues. Must be able to communicate and write effectively, work with minimal supervision, able to do daily house maintenance, lifting of 20 pounds, availability for various trainings and team meetings. To act and dress in a professional manner.