Emergency? Need Help Now? (802) 229-0591

Emergency? Need Help Now? (802) 229-0591

How Do I Access Services?

Start by calling (802) 229-0591 to speak to one of our friendly Intake Coordinators. You will be asked what kind of services you are seeking and depending on your answer, you will be directed to the correct person. You may be asked some routine questions and to schedule a brief interview to begin the process of accessing services. If you are not sure what services you are seeking, or what programs we offer, WCMHS will work with you to help you determine and access the services you may need.

If you are interested in Developmental Services, start by calling (802) 479-5012 (x565).
In order to receive Developmental Services, you need to be Medicaid eligible. WCMHS can help you determine your Medicaid eligibility and will work with you to access the services you may need.


We're Hiring

  • Help Desk/Data Entry - Assist clinical staff with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) questions
  • Behavioral Interventionist - Provide direct support to youth in a school or residential setting
  • Behavioral Interventionist- Provide support for youth with social, emotional & behavioral needs
View All Jobs

Upcoming Events And News

September is National Recovery Month and National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month

September is an important month in the world of mental health and substance use services.  National Recovery Month is a celebration of the 23 million people who recover from addictions to drugs and alcohol each year and a time to increase understanding of these diseases.  National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month is a month-long effort to raise awareness of suicide and promote ways to help prevent it. This includes World Suicide Prevention Day on September 10 and National Suicide Awareness Week from September 5-11. 

Adolescent Dialectic Behavior Therapy(DBT) Skills Group to be offered at WCMHS! 

WCMHS will start an adolescent DBT group in October which will take place on Thursday afternoons from 3:30-5:00pm at 286 Hospital Loop/Building C in the CVMC medical complex.  If you are interested in making a referral, please use this form.  The final start date will be announced soon.  For more information, please contact Becky at 229-0591 or Katie at 476-1480.

Introductory Facilitated Communication Training on Thursday 9/29

A one day introductory workshop on Facilitated Communication (FC) is being hosted at St. Leo's Hall in Waterbury on Thursday, September 29th from 9:00-3:30.  This workshop will provide participants with a general overview of facilitated communication, a method of augmentative and alternative communication (AAC), used by people with limited speaking abilities who have difficulty with reliable, independent pointing. Please see this flyer for more information.

Imagination Station In The News!!

Here is a fantastic article from the August edition of KIDS VT on the Imagination Station.  Thank you to KIDS VT for this wonderful and informative piece.   Also, please check out the Imagination Station's new Facebook page.

Local Team to Give Keynote Presentation and Facilitated Communication Training at Aroostook County Autism Conference

Larry Bissonnette and Tracy Thresher of Wretches and Jabberers fame, along with WCMHS' Harvey Lavoy and Howard Center's Pascal Cheng, will give a keynote presentation and workshop training at Aroostook County Autism Conference on Friday October 7th. Aroostook Autism Support Group was started by two mothers with children on the Autism spectrum.  This is the group's first conference and they hope to build awareness and increase hope for people with similar experiences in rural Northern Maine.

Fall Training offered by WCMHS and WCYSB-  Parenting: Navigating the Teen Years with Compassion and Courage

Washington County Mental Health Services in collaboration with Washington County Youth Services Bureau is offering a 6-week course on parenting teens to all interested.  The group will run Wednesdays, September 28 – November 2 from 4:00-5:30 pm at the WellSpace, 23 Summer St. in Barre.  Facilitators are Roberta Garland and Selene Lutschg. For more information or to sign up, please contact Roberta at (802) 229-0591 or robertag@wcmhs.org.

The Imagination Station is Off to a Great Start and Now Scheduling Sessions

The Imagination Station is now scheduling for individual and group sessions at 23 Summer St. in Barre. Imagination Station will be open for clinical supports Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for all partner service agencies and schools. Imagination Station will be open for use by families and other private parties who have a trained adult to accompany the group for the entire session after hours, on weekends and on holidays. If you are interested in becoming a trainer or to submit a referral form, please contact Heather Slayton at heathers@wcmhs.org or call (802)479-4055.

WCMHS Fall Children's Groups

Many exciting groups are being offered this Fall starting in September and October, ranging from weight lifting for teenage girls to equine assisted therapy.  For more information, please contact Karli Clark at 229-0591.

WCMHS Wellness Collaborative Fall Groups Schedule Released

The Wellness Collaborative will have new classes starting in September. The Wellness Collaborative aims to raise the wellness and quality of life for clients who are dealing with the challenges and stresses of daily living. Please see schedule to learn more about classes, and dates/times for each class.  For more detailed information, please contact Ellia or Doreen at 479-4083.

Website Design & Development by Idesignworks.net, LLC